Sweet Olive Oil Tortas
- Try the Original Sweet Olive Oil Tortas as a change-of-pace pastry with your morning coffee or afternoon tea.
- Create a tasty tapas dish with Jamón Serrano, Manchego cheese, Marcona almonds, olives, and even a bit of fig jam.
- Serve with a scoop of coffee ice cream and roasted almonds.
- Pair with fresh goat cheese and a dollop of fig jam or apricot & almond spread.
Seville Orange Sweet Olive Oil Tortas
- To create a special dessert, serve the Seville Orange Tortas alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream, grilled peaches and chopped, roasted hazelnuts.
- Eat with Mascarpone spread and sprinkled chocolate sauce.A delicious treat.
- Seville Orange Tortas are delicious served with any type of cheese: a soft creamy Brie, or even an Aged Cheddar, both go fantastically well with them.
Cinnamon Sweet Olive Oil Tortas
- Light, crisp, and perfectly sweet. Enjoy them with your morning coffee or afternoon tea.
- Pair them with Aged Cheddar and sliced apples, or a round of Mild Goat Cheese with sparkled honey.
- For a special treat, serve next to a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Rosemary & Thyme Savory Olive Oil Tortas
- Pair them with cheese, such as Aged Cheddar, a nice Tomme de Savoie or Barrel-aged Feta and add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Perfect for dips, such as Kalamata Olive Spread or Roasted Eggplant Spread.
- Top with thin slices of cured ham, such as Jamón Serrano, and an aged Manchego cheese, or Prosciutto di Parma and Asiago cheese.
Sesame & Sea Salt Savory Olive Oil Tortas
- Perfect for dips, such as roasted red pepper spread, creamy cheese spreads, or even hummus.
- Pair with any type of cheese: they go great with fresh goat cheese and a dollop of apricot & almond spread.
- Top with thinly sliced prosciutto and shaved Parmesan for a tasty appetizer or delicious snack.
How to enjoy sweet olive tortas the Spanish way
Holiday season is the perfect moment to bring back those flavors that connect us with our deepest, sweetest memories. Flavors from the old days, from childhood, sometimes from our beloved ones who are already gone. All of us look for that kind of sentimental taste when this time of the year comes again. This is the best time of the year to embrace the tradition with Inés Rosales. Let us tell you how to enjoy sweet olive tortas the Spanish way. Even if you are not much kind of a sweet tooth type, you’ll find your favorite way to savor them.
Here you are some ideas:
- Sweet olive oil tortas with scrambled eggs and Iberico ham. Beat 2 eggs with milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl until blended. Heat butter in a skillet and pour in the mixture. Once the eggs are set, break one torta in 4 pieces and place the scrambled eggs on top. Sprinkle with some Iberico ham already sliced in little pieces.
- Cinnamon tortas. Use them like base for an American traditional dish like the sweet potato casserole, the one with pecan topping. Cinnamon is, no doubt about it, one of the most preferred season aromas.
- Rosemary and Thyme tortas. The Mediterranean subtile notes of the rosemary and thyme pair perfectly with a Spanish cheese assortment. Go for Mediterranean cheeses like Garrotxa, a goat milk’s variety with creamy texture and aroma of cellar, or Mahon, a cow milk’s cheese from the Balearic island of Menorca, creamy with a nutty finish.
- Sesame and salt tortas.If you are a salty person, you’ll love serve this type with a selection of our best cured pork meats: Iberico. Prepare a platter of thin slices of Iberico pokloin, salchichon Iberico de Bellota and chorizo Iberico de Bellota and thank God for creating the Iberico pork breed. Match this top selection with one of our stunning red wines and make sure you have extra-beds for your guests. They are not going to leave your place!
- -Seville oranges tortas. Probably this is the classy version of the Ines Rosales sweet olive oil tortas. The touch of the Seville oranges is simply amazing. They are perfect for a gourmet tapa. Place on top some thin slices of goat cheese with onion jam and take your sensorial experience to the next level. If you have a bunch of foodies among your guests, you should go with this.
This post and all its suggestions have been made by Carmen and Lola, a small company based in Miami with a big heart and committed to the best quality of Spanish food.